Addressing the Billions Underserved

Featured in

Publishers Merge in Adaptation to E-Reader Momentum

The year 2012 is witnessing the birth of a publishing giant as Pearson Plc (NYSE:$PSO), the parent of the renowned Penguin Books is joining forces with Germany based Bertelsmann AG’s Random House to create the largest book publisher in the English speaking world that will control more than a quarter of the total market share of the U.S. and U.K. Bertelsmann will hold 53% stake in the new joint venture called Penguin Random House while Pearson will take up the remaining 47%. The combined revenues of both the publishing houses last year was $3.9 billion.

Read More »

Comcast’s Olympic Sized Albatross

Comcast corp. (NASDAQ:$CMCSA), the largest US cable operator in terms of revenues and the parent of NBC, has announced that NBC Universal broke even for the London Olympic Games broadcast. Advertising revenues increased by 50% over the Beijing Olympics (2008) to $1.25 billion while it paid $1.18 billion in obtaining U.S. television broadcasting rights.

Comcast’s 2nd Q results show that it continues to lose Pay-TV and gain broadband customers. Revenues went up by 2.2% from the previous quarter to $15.2 billion while profits increased by 32% from $1.02 billion in Q1 to $1.35 billion in Q2. NBC Universal’s revenues on the other hand dipped slightly to $5.5 billion due to Battleship’s poor box office performance with an $83 million loss.

Read More »

Peter Pham is an author, international fund manager, and a registered financial director by the Cayman Monetary Authority (CIMA). In 2013 he published his first book entitled, The Big Trade: Simple Strategies for Maximum Market Returns. He currently manages the portfolio of a global hedge fund and runs an asset management company, Phoenix Capital.  (read more)

StockTwits Follow Peter Pham on StockTwits Follow Peter Pham on Twitter Follow StockTwits on Facebook Subscribe to AlphaVN RSS

The Big Trade: Simple Strategies for Maximum Market Returns

Sign Up for AlphaVN Reports

Site Archive

Page 2 of 212